living like a granny as of late. oh yes.
ehem. another list update, but that’s okay:
- i’ve devoted myself to a very thorough cleaning of my house top to bottom. this has brought on a lot of scrubbing, organizing and soreness of the arm. organized, sparkling/shiny/squeaky-clean is good to see. soon on the to-do list is weeding the garden. kind of excited for this since i haven’t helped my dad with the garden since i was 10.
- trying to eat more heathily lately. oatmeal + craisins + pine nuts, hardboiled eggs, snacking on vegetables + fruit. whaaaaat. also trying my best to drink only water, nothing else. it’s going pretty good so far, although someone will suggest a Starbucks and/or bubble tea run in the near future and that’ll be the end of that. i’m developing these new habits and very surprised as to how easily they are to stick to. i fear this is just a “phase” and it’ll just suddenly go away… LOL. fatty at heart, lemme tell ya. also going for runs every other day. with the hot weather these couple days, i’ve been obsessed with having ice cold showers after a run. ooooomg. it feels sososooo good. TRY IT YO.
- currently reading kyle idleman’s not a fan. took Emma to Blessings before she left for NY and picked it up. looking for other reads — suggestions? i recently finished another Jodi Picoult book.
- course enrolment date in 8 days. slightly stressed about it…
- my skin hates Vancouver. it was so lovely in Shanghai but now… sobsob. i guess the humidity there wasn’t that terrible after all. but, ugh. this makes me mad.
- going to Vegas mid-late August. i guess i’m excited just thinking of frolicking in 45+ degree weather, going for swims, seeing some shows and taking pictures with Jess’ new nice ass Canon DSLR. and the bountiful buffets. ohhhh bebe. oh and we’re staying at the Aria.
- seriously not much else going on right now. i’m taking advantage of the fact i can just chill out and do what i want when i want. people are coming back and finishing up “summer plans,” so get togethers/catching up/dates will begin next week — looking forward to that.
- i’m happy right now. simple as that. i think somehow the internship made me loosen up. maybe it just proved to me i am more than capable of the jobs i’ve always wanted. it was good for me. i’ve gained more than just work experience in my two months there. i certainly feel a difference, but because i know it’s good, i can only hope everyone around me has sensed a change in me as well.